Friday, January 27, 2012

My Skincare Routine

I just so happen to be one of those people you hear about, you know the ones with skin that breaks out if you even look at it the wrong way? Yeah, one of those sensitive skin types. My skin hasn't always been such a mess, but I wont reminisce on the age of perfect skin. Instead, I'll let you know what works for me. And trust me, these products are tried and true. Being the product junkie that you all know that I am, it's really hard and incredibly frustrating for me knowing that I cant just go out, try a new face product, and love it or even have it work for me. Ohhhh Ces't La Vie right? I have used both high end and lower end brands and as far as i can tell, my skin is concerend with the price tag on a product, rather, how well it works. So here is a compiled list of the product that I use, have been using for years, and I know work for MY skin.


1.) MAC Cosmetics Wipes (15.00$-28$)
I love these MAC wipes to the moon and back, however, i can ONLY use these beauties on my eyes to remove makeup and such. If i even come close to thinking about putting one above or below that area, I break out to the MAX! I'm not talking little tiny blemishes, no, my friend, what I'm talking about is terrifying.
So I limit these to my eyes and they're great! they remove my waterproof mascara like its nothing, and the Vitamin E in the wipes keeps my lashes healthy!

2.)Clean&Clear Advantage 3 in 1 Foaming Acne Wash (6.00$-9.00$)
You guys...this stuff is just...it's amazing. Usually I'm pro benzoyl-peroxide in face products buuuut the salicylic acid is perfectly matched with whatever else they put in this stuff. It changed my skin for the better. I've been using this for the last 4 years and anytime I go to purchase any other cleanser whether it be high or low end, professional skin care or drugstore. I allllways come back to this.

3.) LUSH Cosmetics Fresh Farmacy Cleanser (9.75$ per 3.5oz)
If you haven't tried out, or even been to a LUSH store, everything is hand made and all the ingredients are fresh and wonderful, I highly recommend it.  Unless you hate everything lovely and beautiful and good-smelling in the world. Seriously, it's amazing! Find one, try it out, you'll thank me! This little chunk of lovely contains, Calamine, Chamomile and Rose, Teatree and Lavendar Essential Oils among other great ingredients. This clears up a break out over night! I love it!

4.) Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System (26.00$-30.00$)
Ever wanted to have the Clarisonic or any of those other (more expensive) facial cleansing brushes but didnt want to fork over the 200$+? Look no further my friends, because this is what you're looking for! It exfoliates gently and gets my skin squeaky clean! Now keep in mind, this does come with a skin cleanser, but I dont use it, so I can't really review tthhhhattt part for you. But if you havent already, please go pick this little gem of a machine up, if not for yourself, do it for me.  :)

5.)Acne Free Terminator 10 Acne Spot Treatment (5.00$-9.00$)
I have tried so many products for acne including Proactiv. None of them helped, this was the first product out of many that I tried, that worked and the best part is that it started working the first time i used it. I highly recommend this product. It can be found cheaper in a store like Wal-mart or any drugstore.

6.)Acne Free Therapeutic Sulfur Mask (6.00$-8.00$)
As Sulfur Masks go, I have tried just about all of them, and for me, they all work the same. They smell awful but they reeeeallly do work when it comes to controlling oil and preventing breakouts. I used the Proactive Sulfur Mask for a bout 2 years and just randomly decided not to repurchase it and try something new, cut to present day and my skin still love this stuff!

7.) Garnier Fructis Moisture Rescue Moisturizer (5.99$-7.99$)
I use to be an avid Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel user, I loved it. I used it for a whiiiile and then I saw this at Walmart one day and loved the packaging (isn't that how it always goes?) and bought it, at the time it was on sell for 4.99$ so i figured, why not? I LOVE THIS STUFF! It smells amazing, It makes my skin soooooooooo soft, It doesn't clog pores or cause any irritation. It just makes me smile, thats how wonderful it is!


That's all lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment