Monday, January 30, 2012

January 2012 Birchbox





Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy | I was thrilled to get this little Viva La Juicy Sample, I've got 3 of the the Juicy Fragrances and adore them all! So glad to have this wee little one to keep with me. it even has the little squirt pump for easy application! 
BIRCHBOX BREAKDOWN
When you’re heading out on the town, you need a glamorous scent to match your head-turning look. Viva La Juicy’s fruity floral fragrance is just the thing — it’s bold and attention-grabbing. Appropriately, the feminine keepsake bottle comes with plenty of playful charms. Display it on your dresser alongside your most prized baubles.

HOW IT WORKS

Top notes of wild berries and sweet mandarin flirt with lady-like middle notes of honeysuckle, jasmine, and gardenia. Warm base notes of caramel, amber, vanilla, sandalwood, and praline hover beneath it all.

HOW TO USE

When you’re not staring at the lovely glass bottle, spritz the scent on pulse points like your wrists and neck.

ORIGINS Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash | I'm usually dissuaded from trying new face washes because I've got the cuhrazy sensitive/dry skin going on, but I've always really loved origins products in the past so I'm actually looking forward to giving this on a try.

BIRCHBOX BREAKDOWN

From oily T-zones to the parched skin around our lips, our list of skin concerns is as extensive as our shoe collection. But thanks to this smart cleanser, tricky combination skin has never been so easy to manage. The gentle foaming formula is laced with a unique blend of botanicals that balance oil production while softening dry areas. Make this the first step of your regimen, and watch your skin worries diminish (leaving you more time for life’s finer pleasures — like shopping).

HOW IT WORKS

This creamy cleanser is a veritable plant powerhouse. Broad leaf kelp banishes excess oil, while wheat protein nourishes dry zones. Water-activated tourmaline whisks away dirt and makeup, and an essential oil blend of bergamot, lavender, and spearmint adds a refreshing touch. Skin is left smoother and more even-toned.

stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner | LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOVE THIS!!!! This is my first go-round with these lovely stila eye pencils and I WILL be repurchasing. Probably in every color for my kit. 

BIRCHBOX BREAKDOWN

The quickest way to update your eye makeup? Swap your black eyeliner for a rich colored one. stila’s Smudge Stick liners are gorgeously wearable and come in four rich shades that make eyes pop. There’s Purple Tang, a blackish aubergine; Moray, a golden olive; Peacock, a shimmery azure; Blue Ribbon, a deep cerulean; and Lionfish, a chestnut brown. Better yet, the liners are waterproof and stay vibrant all day.

HOW IT WORKS

Maximum pigment and minimum fuss. Each smooth, creamy liner goes on easily and won’t migrate all over your eyes. We love how the twist-up pencil allows for precise applications, no sharpeners required.

VMV Hypoallergenics Re-Everything: Face-Hand Body Lotion | My hands are in and out of water, constantly being washed and sanitized in between clients and throughout the day, and I have a lot of paper work most days sooooo, I was kind of thrilled to see this in my box, but I tried it out for a day or two and I have to say, it's a liiiittle weird for me. I'll keep trying it out,but everytim i use this it leaves a sticky residue all over my hands, as if I rubbed a glue stick on them. Ugh so far, Im not a fan. I really want to be because it's a lovely idea but, it's just "meh" for now.

BIRCHBOX BREAKDOWN

This silky lotion is the rare all-in-one product that meets our highest standards. The natural formula is free of all the most common skin allergens — 76 of them, to be exact — as well artificial fragrances, dyes, parabens, or preservatives. On the flip side, it’s packed with gentle exfoliators and antioxidants that leave skin incredibly soft from head to toe. Note: Your other body lotions may experience intense jealousy.

HOW IT WORKS

This light, creamy lotion offers intense hydration as well as a gentle dose of at-home microdermabrasion. Unbuffered glycolic acid gently removes dead skin all over your body, and kinetin growth factors speed up cell renewal. Pure glycerin ensures lasting moisture, while antioxidant-rich green tea and rice phytic acid have proven anti-aging effects.


Larabar Mini Bar
 | These bars are SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD! It's hard to believe that they're actually good for you! I got the cookie dough flavored one and it was gone in a second. I dont like protein bars or any weird vitamin packed stuff like that. So I'm surprised I even tried it instead of giving it away. But I'm glad I did. SO. YUMMY.

BIRCHBOX BREAKDOWN

Whenever we get a craving for something sweet, we turn to these all-natural snack bars. Not only do they taste yummy, they’re also good for you. Made without preservatives and fillers, they come in fun flavors like Blueberry Muffin, Carrot Cake, Peanut Butter Cookie, and (our favorite) Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

HOW IT WORKS

Each bar has nine ingredients max, and you’ll love the wholesome blends of dried fruits, nuts, and spices. There are no icky additives like high fructose corn syrup, and they’re vegan-friendly too.

Thinking of signing up for Birchbox? It's only 10$ a month and you're getting to try out products you probably wouldnt have picked out for yourself or get a sample size of on of your favorites. I recommend giving it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment