Monday, February 25, 2013

A little bit of Career Talk

href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4857649/?claim=x9bwwny37bh">Follow my blog with Bloglovin For those who are unaware... I am a Professional Hairstylist and Makeup Artist, that's generally the first thing that people know about me. Not only is it my career choice, but hair and makeup (as shallow and pointless as it may seem to some people) is my passion. I love everything about the business of beauty and I take my career choice incredibly seriously.

My work allows me to meet a whole lot of different types of people, from the clients I work with to the fellow hair/makeup artist I meet and work with occasionally,  I genuinely love getting to know the people that  my craft brings into my life. A lot of my clients and colleagues have turned into friends and I have zero complaints about that. I've had the amazing opportunity to work with a few celebrities and more importantly, am  invited into the lives of Brides to be, to spend a few hours beautifying them for the most important day of their lives. To me, that's pretty cool! I am incredibly lucky to be able to do what I love, and boy, do I love what I do.

Occasionally, I'll post some of my work here, some behind the scenes shots (taken on my phone) and some of the professional images that I get back from the photographer as well.

I am completely open to answer any questions that you may have about hair and makeup, what I do (and don't do), Tips and Tricks, etc.

                         Since taking a few weeks off at the beginning of the year for maternity leave, these are some random snaps of work related stuff since I've gotten back to work, I think I only took like 3 weeks off, since I can bring lil Harper with me to photoshoots (again...SUPER lucky). I just have an absolutely amazing time doing what I do. Don't get me wrong, there are stressful days and a lot of preperation (and paper work bleh) just like any other job, but it's more than worth the little bit of extra stress.

New kit! I bought myself a new MAC Zuca bag! lovelovelove this! My back is thanking me right now

Updo and a little bit of Airbrush makeup on my little sister! 


Maternity and Boudoir photo shoot makeup! Darci Amundson on of the photographers that I work with frequently, I love her, I love her work, I LOVE her clients!

Boudoir makeup for a session with Darci


Prepping for a boudoir shoot.photo taken by Darci Amundson

Before and After at one of last weeks Bridal Trials! Valerie looks gorgeous both with and without hair and makeup done. It was such a pleasure meeting and her family! Can't wait for her wedding day!

More prepping. Photo courtesy of Darci Amundson


SO. MANY.BRUSHES


Some "chola" makeup on one of my clients at MAC


Boudoir & Glamour 


Boudoir session with Darci! 

Fancy new business cards! LOVE these!


No comments:

Post a Comment