Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Body Goodness

Standing at 31lbs. lost since the beginning of the year, I can give thanks, in large part, to Pinterest (and ofcourse the Pinners). For the last 4-5 months, all of my workout and diets idea have come directly from my "Body Goodness" and "Yummyness" Board. I have TONS of workouts, inspiration, snacks, meal plans, grocery list..you name it, it's there!  
My main issue with this lifestyle change is staying motivated when i really just want to be lazy on the couch. And while the boards haven't completely kept me from my bouts of sheer laziness , 98% of the time looking at all the amazing images and tips gets me right back on track!


Here are the workouts that I mainly stick to, that I don't find TOO terribly rigorous and over the top.




http://pinterest.com/pin/101753272800459032/


So those 3, mixed in with doing 30 squats and 20 (more) jumping jack before each meal. And I'll throw in the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred occasionally. 

Tonight, I'll be attempting this little number. I'm not thrilled but I need a reeeeaaaally good workout, I've been slacking to the max. 

Bodyrock.tv featured this intense workout...and I'm challenging myself to do it. 

50 of each 

1) Burpees 2) High Knees 2) Bag Drop & Burpee Tuck Jump – Using the Pink Sandbag 3) Scissor Lunge 4) Elavated Plank Knee Tucks – Elbow & Cross (Alternate between L Legs) 5) Touch Floor Jumping Jacks 6) Overhead Lunge & Kick – Left Leg – Using the Pink Sandbag 7) Tuck Jumps 8) Overhead Lunge & Kick – Right Leg – Using the Pink Sandbag 9) Criss Cross Reach Through Abs (Alternate between L Legs) 10) 500 High Knee Skips



Meal Wise, I really just stick to whatever's easiest: 
Lean Cuisine's during the work week (DELICIOUS and under 300 calories? Heck Yes!)
Cucumbers, Strawberries, Water Melon, Cherry Tomatoes, Cuties, and 100 calorie snack packs for snacking throughout the day
GO GURT, the Cool Cotton Candy is the best flavor :)
Yoplait Light Yogurt, White Chocolate Strawberry is my very favorite!
Pinterest (ofcourse) is just chockfull of amazing recipes that Austin and I have recreated for ourselves.
Substitute with shrimp! Yum
Lean Turkey and Shrimp Tacos
Asian Lettuce Cups:   P.F. Chang's anyone?
Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps- I make these a lot. So yummy!
Lettuce Tacos
Crescent Pepperoni Roll Ups
Pizza Rolls
Kale, Lemon and Garlic....yumm making this
Skinny Spaghetti With Sauteed Chicken And Grape Tomatoes
Skinny Pasta, cause we're pasta freaks
salad-08
Amazing salads



and theeeen, there are the days when i eat like this:
Ice cream cake, Chicago and New York Style Hot Dogs and Ice cream sandwiches...
A little ridiculous...I'm aware.





Either way, I'm 31lbs down and regardless of the slipups and lazy days, I'm thankful for each and every single one I've lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment